Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shot through the heart...

Ok not really. That Bon Jovi song just popped into my head when I was thinking about what to title this, I have no idea why.

Yesterday for our branch activity we went skeet shooting. The last time I shot a gun was probably 12 years ago when we went skeet shooting for a mutual activity, so I wasn't expecting to be good. And I wasn't. My first round I shot four and missed all four. Next round, only shot one, and missed. I was happy with that, at least I took the chance to try it right?



Well when things slowed down the girls convinced me to give it one more shot. I shot one and missed....typical. Then, I shot and a miracle happened...I hit it! I actually hit a moving target with a heavy rifle! For me, that is a big achievement, so I ended the night on a high note....by missing one more time. It was a really enjoyable night though and I'm really glad I kept trying. Practice makes perfect right?

0 comments: