Friday, June 20, 2008

I (heart) summer!


So I have this friend who has been nagging me about blogging more often (you know who you are). I try to tell her that no one wants to hear about me getting up and going to work (which pretty much sums up my existence at this point) but she insists so here I go. This is for you...

I love summer! All winter (and in Idaho those last for 7-8 months) I wait and wait for the day when it is warm enough to go outside in capris, to sit under a tree in the park and read, to sleep with my window open. When it doesn't get dark until 10 and it's light when you wake up in the morning. Summer is heaven for me. So I am pleased to announce that after nearly 10 months of winter (literally...snowed in Sep, snowed at least once a month until June) it is finally here! It is finally above 50 degrees in the morning and that is thrilling for me!

So tonight we celebrated the warm weather by attending a Luau put on by the students at the college. It was really fun! Good food (including a HUGE roasted pig) and fabulous entertainment by the Polynesian dancers. They were amazing! They performed dances with fire sticks as well as a variety of dances from each of the different Polynesian islands. I especially enjoyed the Tahitian dances. I wish I could get my hips to move that fast! I'll bet it's a good workout! Maybe I should try it ;)

2 comments:

*ehu. said...

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! IT'S ANOTHER POST!!!

*ehu. said...

I'd be mad about the first paragraph (I didn't read thru the first time I posted a comment...maybe I should have!) but I'm just excited that you finally posted another entry!


I didn't know you loved Summer that much!! I love the picture too!! So bright and colorful! Oooh, I wanna go to a luau now!

Tahitian dancers move EXTREMELY FAST!! I wish I could move like that...but then again, I wish I had hips like that too.