Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's my Birthday!

Wow, I need to be better about updating this thing. It's just that my life is so boring I can never think of anything to write about. But tomorrow is something so exciting that I couldn't help but mention it....it's MY BIRTHDAY!!! Most years I'm not too excited about my birthday. Well, secretly I am but on the surface I try not to be because I usually end up disappointed. My birthday is just a bad time of year. Two weeks before Christmas, everyone is partied out from all their holiday parties. It's also right during finals week, so for the 6+ years I was in school no one had time to do anything on my birthday but study. In fact, most people are so busy that even my best friends and family forget to call. I'm also usually depressed about getting another year older, realizing that I am not at all where I thought I would be in my life when I reached this age. But this year, I'm putting all that aside. I'm going to be excited about my birthday. I don't care that I am turning 27, I'm living at home (temporarily), and I'm not dating anyone. It's my special day and I am going to celebrate! I have so much to be thankful for in my life that there is no reason to be sad. I have a best friend who has planned something special for me on Saturday, I have friends at work that are going to buy lunch so we can celebrate, and my family will be getting together Sunday for another party. I have a house to live in, a job to pay the bills, and everyone I know is healthy. I am happy that I have lived another year and look forward to MANY more to come!

6 comments:

Cox Family said...

Congratulations and happy birthday! Oh, and for the record . . . we - I mean you - are not that old! lol

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to you!! I have the same feelings with the whole Christmas birthday thing...but I am trying to deal with it too! So live it up baby!

*ehu. said...

Way to count your blessings dude!! I hope you have a freakin' awesome birthday and birthday weekend! LIVE IT UP!! And always ALWAYS take pictures :)

The Esquibel Family said...

WooHoo!!!! For birthdays! That's right, birthdays aren't about turning a year older, they are about celebrating the day you were born!!! So go crazy today, birthdays are so fun. BTW I know how you feel about the birthdays being at a terrible time of year!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Ash!!! I do the same thing about birthdays...get super excited and then disappointed. I think this new mind set of yours is GREAT!! I'm adopting for birthdays to come.

I hope your day is amazing! I LOVE YOU!

Cristy said...

That is such a healthy attitude. Congratulations!! Hope this weekend is the best.