Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Birthday Weekend...

So this year there was a theme to my birthday celebrations...and that theme was food. Only my friend Ehu can truly understand what it is like to celebrate your birthday with food, and had I done this all in one day it might have been a repeat of her 23rd birthday...that fateful day on the mission when we ate a weeks worth of food in one day. But luckily for me, my celebrations were spread out over three days. Not only did this make my birthday last much longer than most, but it saved me from an awful stomachache! Here's the run-down on my celebrations:

Thursday Dec 11th:
My actual birthday. My manager ordered in lunch for my coworkers and I from my favorite sandwich place: Gandolphos. She also brought a cheesecake sampler for my birthday cake. The real celebration was that we all got to sit and take a break together, which rarely ever happens around there!


For dinner I had an Enrichment Christmas dinner at church. We had chicken cordon blu, potatoes, salad, and three desserts...YUM!

Saturday Dec 13:
After a long and interesting day (It started with getting ready by flashlight because the electricity was out, and consisted of running from one place to another decorating for a wedding, then a Christmas party, then tearing down the wedding, and delivering a funeral in the middle...) I went to my best friend Kyle's house for my birthday celebration with him. He wouldn't tell me what he had in mind, he just said it would be low-key but he had some things in mind he knew I would like. Boy was he right! After playing a few games on the Wii we went upstairs for dinner and this is what I saw:



The Pie is the BEST pizza in Salt Lake and we eat there literally EVERY time we go down there together. This time he had asked his boyfriend to bring it up with him when he came to visit for the weekend. He also bought our FAVORITE salad dressing from Buddy's in Pocatello and he made me his homemade cheesecake -- the YUMMIEST cheesecake ever (I even like it better than Cheesecake Factory). It was the most delicious meal I could have imagined. Thanks to Kyle and Tory for going to all the trouble to put my favorite foods together in one meal! On top of all this Kyle also bought me a present, beautifully wrapped of course:

It was a sweater from Banana Republic. I NEVER shop at the Banana because I can't afford it, so this was a special gift for me. It is beautiful, and warm, and it fits PERFECTLY. THANK YOU KYLE for being the best friend EVER!

Sunday Dec 14:
I finally had time to celebrate with my family. I wanted to wait until the boys were home from school for Christmas break. We had biscuits and gravy and homemade hash browns for dinner, and then Mississippi Mud Cake for dessert...YUM! I also had presents to open...a shirt from BYU-I that says "Class of 2008" which I was super excited for because I never bought myself anything like that before I left; and two of my favorite movies: Pretty Woman and Drive Me Crazy.

And that was it. Three days of eating and celebrating and I loved every minute of it. Thanks to all who made my birthday so special this year, I hope I can repay the favor some day.

3 comments:

*ehu. said...

ok, I stopped reading and my jaw dropped open--YOU HAD THE PIE ON YOUR BIRTHDAY?!! NOW THAT TRULY MAKES IT A BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!!!

Ashlee Peterson said...

Haha I knew you would appreciate that one! Isn't Kyle the BEST? It was totally unexpected!

Brian and Leilani said...

Hey I didn't know you were a blogger. I saw that I had a follower and it was you! Haha! glad I found your blog and happy belated birthday!