Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bees and Beaches

I had a fairly interesting day today. First of all, I picked up a bee with my bare fingers. Granted, it was a drone (male bee with no stinger) but I did it nonetheless. Tomorrow I have to do the real thing. Pick up queens out of a frame filled with bees WITH stingers. Still not excited. We'll see how I survive.

The second interesting thing was that our boss let us off at lunch time AND let us take his car for the day. So we hit up the beach! It was warm and beautiful even though the sand was hard on my ankle I LOVED it! I'm still in awe that I'm actually here in this beautiful place. How lucky am I?

If you want to see pics check here

1 comments:

*ehu. said...

If you totally passed up this AWESOME opportunity, I would SERIOUSLY never talk to you again!! I'm so glad you're there!!