Thursday, January 15, 2009

Goodbye Floral Art

After 14 months of working at Floral Art (the longest I've worked anywhere) I am saying goodbye tomorrow. It is hard to imagine. Just a few short months ago I was looking for any excuse to leave, I didn't think I could stand to work there another day. But now I feel like things are looking up for the shop. My coworkers are my friends, and I feel like I am actually contributing to the welfare of the shop. Plus I LOVE knowing what I'm supposed to be doing, feeling competent at my job. So I am leaving the safe place, the place where I know what to expect and can handle almost anything that comes my way...and I'm going to a place I've never been, doing a job I've never done and quite frankly, I'm not sure I can handle. On the one hand it's exciting, but on the other it's terrifying. Change can be great if you are ready for it, and I thought I was. But now that it's upon me I am sad. I'm sad to leave my family, my best friend, and my job to take a step into the unknown. I hope it's worth it!

1 comments:

*ehu. said...

Dude, it's Hawaii, HECK YES it's worth it!! Go to church while you're there (I know you will!) at least that will be the one, true consistant thing. It's the same everywhere, the people may look a lil darker, but at least you know EXACTLY what to expect. :)