Sunday, November 15, 2009

The living dead...

Ok I know that I am a serious slacker when it comes to updating this blog. Originally I stopped posting because my life was so boring there was nothing to post about. For the last month there has been plenty to post about but no time! So I will try to do some update blogs and then attempt to keep up on it from here....attempt being the key word!

First of all...Halloween. It is my FAVORITE holiday of all time! I posted an entire blog about how much I love it last year. It's just so fun to be able to do things that are so out of the norm - decorate with tombstones and skeletons, pay to get scared at haunted attractions, dress in a costume and be -- for one day -- whomever you want to be. Believe me, it's not just a kid's holiday!

So this year I decided to up the decorations a notch. Last year I had a small graveyard in my front yard. This year I wanted to expand and have a fence going all around it. However, the fences I found were all about 18" tall, made of plastic, and EXPENSIVE so I began looking online. I found an easy to follow tutorial explaining exactly how to make your own fence using pvc pipe and 1x2 pieces of lumber. I'm not exactly handy, past carpentry projects have turned out...well...a little less than perfect, but this seemed so easy I thought I'd give it a try.

First step, purchasing the materials and fitting 10' lengths of PVC and 8' lengths of lumber into my car...


Cutting everything. I love power tools!!


Spraying all the pieces black. I went through eight cans of black spray paint on this project!


11 hours later...the finished product.

 
 

Yes it took forever but I think it turned out SO AWESOME! The pieces fit into our attic and can be used again next year. And it was a bit expensive, with all the paint and screws I probably paid about $75, but to me the result is absolutely worth it!

Bonus Pic: My ghost tree from the other side of the yard:  I just love Halloween!!!


1 comments:

*ehu. said...

You love Halloween?? PFFFT...get outta town! No way!?