Friday, November 20, 2009

A time of transition part two

Being now employed I have the income (barely) to afford to live on my own. I just happened to have a friend who was moving on her own to a little house out in the country in Blackfoot and she was looking for a roommate. Because the house is old and out of the way the rent is only $400 a month, so I told her I would do it! We helped her move last Monday and Tuesday we moved some of my stuff in. However, I was not planning on officially moving in until we got A) a refrigerator (the house has a washer and dryer but no fridge...) and B) internet (we all know I can't live without that)! Then Wednesday morning happened. It was my second morning that week to have to go to work without a shower because there were FOUR of us trying to get ready at the same time, and we only have one bathroom. Thinking of my bathroom at the little house, shared by only two, was enough to convince me to move in right then and there. That afternoon we took over the majority of the rest of my stuff and I've been living there ever since. (With the exception of my coming home to use the internet of course!)


The house is old but charming and I've had a blast attempting to decorate on a VERY small budget. We still don't have a fridge, just one of those tiny ones to hold us over, and I've been sleeping on an air mattress on the floor, but it feels so good to finally be living on my own again that it doesn't matter.


Pics of the house to follow!

1 comments:

*ehu. said...

I can't wait to see the photos!! Good for you! Have fun!!