Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Step back in time...

For my Halloween costume I decided to be a 1920's Flapper girl. I was inspired by Charleston week on Dancing With the Stars. The women all looked so cute I just knew that was what I wanted to be. I spent HOURS online trying to find a costume that I could afford. Finally, just five days before my first Halloween party (I went to three this year) I found it. Thanks to a great seller on Ebay who shipped it out right away, it arrived on time.

To make the outfit complete I asked my hairdresser friend to do my hair in finger waves, authentic to the hairstyles of the 1920's. I have no idea why they still teach this technique in beauty school, but I am seriously glad they do! She did an AMAZING job and I got comments about my hair at all three parties. It was seriously the best costume I have had in years! Here's the finished result:


 
 
 

2 comments:

*ehu. said...

Wow! Your hair looks amazing! You and Halloween....makes me wonder if you'll have a Halloween wedding reception!

Ashlee Peterson said...

Um...no. As much as I love Halloween I already have a much fancier dream in my head for my reception. ;-)